Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Friday, September 01, 2006

Farm Sanctuary Walk For Farm Animals - 9/30

On September 30, I am planning on heading for Watkins Glen on a day trip with a bunch of friends for my yearly pilgrimage (I missed last year :-/) to Farm Sanctuary. Farm Sanctuary is one of my all-time favorite organizations - it is so successful in its mission and outreach. The story of how the organization started is just so scrappy, full of that 'can do' and 'son-of-a-gun-I-don't-like-what-is-going-on-and-I'm-gonna-do-something-about-it attitude.

By a wonderful coincidence, meesh from The Eph Word is going be participating in Farm Sanctuary's Walk For Farm Animals in Los Angeles the very same day! I feel some cosmic connection here :-) She has a sponsorship page here. If you can spare a few bucks, throw them her way as a pledge - it is for a great cause and a great way for our little cyber veg community to support each other. Do without your takeout coffee for a week or two. Bring lunch for a week instead of eating out. Get that latest book you have been dying to read from the library instead of buying it. I am giving up my half.com habit for the month of September for my pledge. Not gonna order.....can't order.....stay away from half.com....:-)

5 comments:

meesh said...

Trac,

Thank you SOOOoooo much for posting about this and putting links up to my giving page! Now that the walk is coming up in just a few weeks, it's time for me to really start getting the word out. :)
Farm Sanctuary is such an amazing organization. I just sort of wandered in to their website a while back and found this fundraiser they're doing. I haven't done anything like this since I sold candy bars for the marching band! lol

Thank you again for your help! With folks like you spreading the word, I know we'll raise enough money to really help a lot of critters.

KleoPatra said...

GO TRAC!!! That is super cool. So glad to see this post. Working together with Meesh... love that. This is what the blogging world should be all about, at least in PART. Making a difference...

i *heart* Farm Sanctuary more than any other group pretty much... they're "in it" for all the *right* reasons!!!

Candi said...

You're such a good friend, trac! Thanks for the info on the amazing Farm Sanctuary and for meesh's link! I hope you have a great time. :)

Candi said...

PS> You've been tagged! LOL! I hope you have not already done this, so if not, here at the tagging instructions:
"create a list of food bloggers' top picks for things you've eaten and think that everyone should eat at least once before they die."

then choose 5 new people to tag and post it in their comments to let them know! :P

Lori said...

Great organization and fundraiser! No half.com for u! Left a comment to your comment on my blog.