Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Saturday, September 02, 2006

I've been tagged!

Candi, from A Vegan Photo Journal has tagged me with the following:

"create a list of top picks for things
you've eaten and think that everyone should eat at least once before they die."



It has been pretty interesting reading everyone's ideas and their reasons for choosing their specific foods. Check out some of their entries:
There are lots more people out there tagged and you can follow the path from blog to blog. All I can say is there are a lot of great cooks out there, blogging and taking pictures of their food. Wow! It is like a continual education reading their thoughts on the food they cook and eat.
Anyways, my five things that everyone should eat at least once before they die.....
1) Dark leafy greens! This should make my husband happy since he is obsessed with them, right Bridge? His goal is to eat at least one serving per day. Anyways, the darker, the better! They are nature's powerhouse of nutrients. You can't go wrong with these babies....arugula, kale, collards, swiss chard.....it's all good!
2)Flax seed - another nutritional champ. We use it ground in baked goods (as an egg substitute) and smoothies and use the oil for salad dressings.
3) Brown rice and Braggs - it is my standby - have nothing to eat in the house - gotta have some comfort food - open the cupboard door and there it is. Open a can of pinto or great northern beans and throw them in there and I am in carb heaven :-)
4)A meal, any meal from the Millenium Restaurant in San Francisco. Zucchini Napoleons, Chipotle Grilled Portobello & Zucchini Tamale, Indian Spiced Pink Bean Ragu, Mocha Crème Brulee, Terrine Of Avocado & Lemon Ice Cream.....'Nuff said. If you ever get to San Francisco...go there and eat!
5) Pine nuts - Love them, love them, love them! In pesto, in salads, even in baked goods.....yummy!
Thanks for tagging me, Candi. This was a lot of fun. Now I have to think about who to tag. I think I need to time this just right - I would probably like to tag Jen but if she is cranky, she won't do it LOL. Ah, who am I kidding? Even if she is in a good mood, chances are she wouldn't do it :-) Well, I am off to try some wheatgrass and purple potatoes.....

2 comments:

All my tomorrows said...

I love food blogs...yum...I had to look up Braggs, but then I realized I had actually bought this once from Whole Foods but I have no idea what it was I needed it for specifically. Yes, we def should all eat more leafy greens.

Candi said...

Lol!! Your'e welcome! :P I love your list. I totally need to eat more dark leafy greens and flax seeds/oil too! I like the idea of Bragg's and brown rice as a standby! I also love pine nuts. I toss them in dishes they probably don't really belong!!

Oooh, that restaurant sounds so good! So elegant and delicious! I have to splurge and go out to a vegan cafe out here soon. Those dinners tempted me! :P