Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

PS Hello Alyssa


PS Hello Alyssa
December 1996-August 2006


Bridget's Alyssa was diagnosed with bone cancer several months ago. It is untreatable and she has been on medication to manage the pain. Last night she took a turn for the worse so tonight Bridget and Bill are going to say goodbye to her and send her on her way. Alyssa is their first greyhound.

5 comments:

meesh said...

What sad news...

I can never think of anything appropriate to say when someone's beloved pet dies. I've been through it myself and it seems there simply are no words.

I try to remember that animals are not afraid of death like most people are. To them it is another transition, a natural thing and not to be feared. That never helps with the pain of missing them, though.

Sending prayers and good thoughts their way...

The Lone Beader® said...

:(

Anonymous said...

Tell Bridget and Bill that I'm sorry!!!!! And I understand what they are going through. We went through it last year with Bubba, our Lab/Rottwiler when we had to put him to sleep at the age of 13!!!! If Bridget wants to Run and Talk, just let us know!!!!!

My prayers are with her.

KleoPatra said...

*HUGS*

I am so sorry to read this. But i am thankful that there was so much love, compassion and goodness in this beautiful dog's life. One of the lucky ones to know love. That is a blessing in and of itself.

Lori said...

I feel for Bridget at this time. It is so hard to say goodbye to our 4-legged children but we are better for having shared in their lives. No words but love is sent.