Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Sunday, August 27, 2006

My Dog Has Issues, Part III

Today, we were on the highway, heading towards the park to meet up for the greyhound walk. Tooling down the highway at 65 mph, I notice Cosmo standing in the back of the car, circling around. Now if you have seen his previous video, you know he nests. I thought he was digging in the car beds, and I told him to settle down and lay down. I look in the rear view mirror and what do I see?

In our little greyhound community, there are a few things Cosmo is known for. One of those things is.....to be blunt......his poop ability. He is a good pooper. He poops a lot.

I looked in my rearview mirror, and, yes, Cosmo was pooping in my car. I guess he really had to go. He pooped in my car. And as I just said, he poops a lot. This time was no exception.

Angus, who, as a terrier, has never witnessed naughty behavior he didn't want to participate in, was in the back of the car and he launched himself like a bullet over the back of the passenger seat to the front. He did not want to be associated with that crime scene, in a way, shape or form. I holler at Cosmo to try to keep him from stepping in the pile but I really didn't need to. He was standing, frozen in horror at what had just happened, unable to move, in complete noncomprehension.

I pull over, hit the emergency flashers, grab a poopbag, some napkins and with the dog water supply, try to clean up as much as possible. We drove the rest of the way with the windows open.

We joined up with the group and had a great walk. Here are some pictures of Mo that Jen took Friday and I scarfed from her blog:


He is very handsome.....

The silly boy had been eating grass and left some hanging out the side of his mouth like a hayseed farmer....

5 comments:

KleoPatra said...

trac, i know i shouldn't have laughed but i laughed.

i laughed SO hard at your dogs' antics - both of them! The pooping of Cosmo and the "it wasn't me mom! see i'm RIGHT HER BY YOU!" of Angus drama.

Oh, girl, i mean it... that is downright and upleft hilarious. Really made my night. THANK YOU!

Glad to read you had a lovely walk.

And a handsome, handome Mo indeed.

Here's to good times...

meesh said...

Oh, what cute puppers you have! I'm afraid I must agree with kleo - I was laughing at my little desk here at work. Especially when your other pooch leapt into the front seat to escape the horrors of th backseat goings ons. Yikes!

I'm glad you got to have a nice walk with the other doggie people after the car drama!

Candi said...

I'm sure it's not funny while you are on the highway witnessing that, but I hope you can laugh with us now over it! Angus leaping over the seat is too funny!!

I'm glad it ended up being a fun day, and I hope Cosmo isn't still guilt-stricken! :P

urban vegan said...

What would Freud say. Cosmo?

runswithdog said...

I think Freud wonder why Cosmo was stuck in the anal stage at the age of 7. LOL

It was very scary trying to clean it all up while cars were zooming by and I was petrified that one of them might get out. It definitely is very funny and adds to the Cosmo legend. He is very handsome which is a good thing because he really does poop a lot!