Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Friday, August 11, 2006

It was inevitable

When I get stressed, my body breaks down on me. It ticks me off that I can't rely on it, that I can't trust my body. Last year, training for the 10k, shingles took me out. This year, training for the tri, I got shingles again (not badly like the first time - thank goodness). Right now, between not knowing when the closing is and when we have to be out of the house and not knowing when the new house will be finished, I am at my wit's ends. Add to that, all those blasted back-to-school commercials reinforcing the fact that for the first time in 16 years, I have no one to buy supplies for. Waaa. I feel sorry for myself :-)

Anyways, you knew it was coming so here it is:
Plantar fascitis is back - I couldn't run even if I could scare up the motivation to.
Nagging, sharp pain with inner right knee - this is new, who knows what it could be.
Carpal tunnel - both hands aching all day long even though I have been diligent wearing my braces to bed.
Sore throat - slight and nagging, going on about a week now.
Sinus infection - tell-tale signs arrived about 2 days ago
Sleep - finally had two nights in a row without waking up - Yay!

Maybe I will delete this posting when I get over my pity party :0)

4 comments:

Candi said...

*hugs*

I'm sorry you are not feeling well!! :( I want to give you some wheatgrass juice or something else totally yucky but that might make you feel better!

No kids to buy school supplies for? :( Maybe you can go out and buy extra supplies for the dogs! hee hee! They want more "back to school" cookies!

runswithdog said...

Thanks for the hugs :-) I will get better, I always do. It's a combo of stress and lack of rest.

No kids starting back! Our youngest is starting college - no binders, no contractors, no colored pencils, no looseleaf paper, no glue sticks. Seeing the back to school commercials are making me sad. I might just pick some stuff up and put it in the boxes they have in the front of stores for donations. :-)

Anonymous said...

trac

there are alot of places that you can buy and donate. that way you buy something, donate it, that will make you smile and relieve your stress

KleoPatra said...

Aw, hope you are better soon. I have had all sorts of untimely injuries as well... it's inevitable, of course... being active, being human, these things happen!

Keep taking good care of you, trac...