Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Thursday, January 31, 2008

3/4 ETA: In the interest of complete girl crush disclosure, I will also admit an addiction to Washington Week in Review - I just *heart* Gwen Ifill and listen to it as a podcast. I also listen to the McLaughlin Group - yeah. Not easy to follow as a podcast - but my girl crush on Eleanor Clift knows no bounds.

2/3 ETA: The constant political coverage is starting to get to the husband now. He has developed the habit of just yelling out, at completely random times, "HA!" in a high pitched tone, ala Chris Matthews.

I have never been a sports fan/junkie. The fact that there are networks completely devoted to sports is mindboggling to me. However, in the last few months, I am starting to understand. I have always been interested in politics but this year's campaigns have me completely obsessed. MSNBC is on every night. I told my husband this must be what sports people feel watching the sports networks.
How bad has it gotten? It is embarassing but I think I am developing a crush on Joe Scarborough. Oh, for crying out loud.....who am I kidding. There is no 'developing'. It is a full blown crush. I have my theory though. Gaze upon Joe in all his glory:




Now gaze upon an image of one of my favorite dog breeds:



The eyes have it. I must have some deep seated attraction to teeny-tiny, squinty little eyes - I would say little piggy eyes but I don't want anyone to search on piggy eyes Joe Scarborough and come up with my blog.



When I get to the point that my political crushes officially include Pat Buchanan, I promise to seek help.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! i'm evil. i did my own google search and guess whose blog came up first. YOURS!

can you see my search? i'll do more.

Anonymous said...

Oh I see how it is. You'll take time to watch political TV but not reality TV. Ah. I see how it is...humpf.

Jen

bazu said...

no, Trac, just... no.

bazu said...

I mean, bull terrier = yes, Joe Scarborough = no.

runswithdog said...

First of all, political tv is real reality tv! And yes, thanks for searching Pat Buchanan crush LOL

I know b-z, I know. I am not proud of this. This will just have to be filed alongside with my Anthony Bourdain, Michael Ruhlman and Tom Selleck crushes. If it makes you feel any better, I can admit to a girl crush on Katty Kay LOL. I just love it when she sits in for Diane Rheim and says, "This is Katty Kay from the BBC, in for Diane Rheim today". :-)

the little one said...

Okay, if you develop a crush on Pat Buchanan, I'm sure your friends will stage an intervention. Too funny.