Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Death March

After a couple of decent runs, I decided to take a new weights class last night. It is amazing how you can get used to a certain workout and then try something different and it kicks your butt. My butt was kicked from here to all ways next week. I don't know why.....I run, I cycle.....why do lunges and squats trash my legs? I definitely have sore quads, hams and inner thighs today. That must account for the abysmal 11:47 pace today. At least, that is my story and I am sticking to it.

WW weigh in is tonight. I think this might be my first no lost week. At least according to my scale at home, I haven't lost anything. Bah.

Edited to Add: The run wasn't all doom and gloom even though I can barely walk right now. The temp was in the mid 30's (perfect!), snow is on the ground but the roads are completely clear. Timing was such that there weren't many cars on the road in my neighborhood so I didn't feel like I was taking our lives in hand by running. Cosmo was full of p*ss and vinegar and was so happy to be out, spinning around, bumping my hand and side with his nose. Yeah, I guess it *really* was a good run :-)

2 comments:

the little one said...

Okay so this will definitely sound cliche, but the most important time to ask yourself how you feel is when the scale shows no loss. Do you feel better? I bet you do. Oh, and don't forget that old muscle weighs more than fat truism. I'm sure that added muscle from the lunges is the issue of no weight loss. Also, thanks for your kindness about Edy.

IHateToast said...

cosmo is king