Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Dub Dub Report

Here's an update on our little happy group travelling the Dub Dub Highway to weight loss....

Week One - 13 pounds gone
Week Two - 9.5 pounds gone
Week Three - 5.5 pounds gone

Not to shabby. A total of 28 pounds so far. We have lost a toddler! If you find him, keep him.
We don't want him back :-)

Of course, as SD put it, we are 4 pounds less each week so that means next week our total should be 1.5 pounds!

Week One was spectactular, but of course, that week I only accounted for .5 pound gone. No one would want me on their Biggest Loser Team :-(

My share so far has been 3.5 pounds. Two in the group have already managed to obtain their 5 lb. weight loss star sticker AND their 10 lb. weight loss ribbon. I am beside myself with jealousy. I can't hardly stand it, it is killing me. I WANT MY 5 lb. STAR STICKER!

I am particularly proud that we still managed to lose this week and it was a gastronomic holiday week! I was hoping we would crack the 30 pound barrier this week but I am confident it will fall next week. What is also nice is it is beginning to be visually obvious on some in our group that the weight is coming off. There's been of talk of new clothes.

Attending the WW meeting is a real exercise in behavioral diversity. To put it another way, there are some real characters there. My current favorite is 'Pick Up Guy'. We think he comes to try to pick up women. He always sits in the middle of the room, on the outside aisle, so he can turn and scan the whole room, making significant eye contact with anyone who isn't quick enough to avert her eyes. He NEVER faces forward to the front of the room, he always sits sideways, perpendicular to the speaker. He cornered Sue after one meeting but she must have froze him out successfully because he hasn't tried for her again. LOL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL! I would pay you $5 to wink at him!

You guys are doing great at Weight Watchers. I am so proud of you!

Jen

bazu said...

ew!

Bridget said...

That is so disturbing! I am totally creeped out. As Bazu said -
EWWWWWWW

Anonymous said...

no way is it ew. i mean, sure, if it were me, i'd be all over 'ew'. it isn't. it's you to 'ew' and i'm laughing. like a bad blind date, it's a good story. i think i'll want a PUG update.

can we bet on him? give us names for all the women, then we can bet whom he'll tag next.

this is the game i play every day on the train. I HEART THE WEIRDOS (providing they don't sit next to me).