Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Just when I start to feel all warm and fuzzy about the human race, I come across this. Are people freaking insane? The human race sucks. I am beginning to think I need to climb aboard the Anthony Bourdain environmental train.

I'm a radical environmentalist; I think the sooner we asphyxiate in our own filth, the better. The world will do better without us. Maybe some fuzzy animals will go with us, but there'll be plenty of other animals, and they'll be back. The world will do better without us, when the blight of humanity is removed.

The blight of humanity indeed.

In other news, after rest, ice and massage, the hamstring is a little better - it doesn't hurt when I walk.

5 comments:

Sue said...

OK.....THAT IS JUST SICK!!! What is wrong with the world!!!

Bridget said...

What...the...f*ck?! No pun intended. Seriously. What is wrong with people that this would be something you would want to do! Sick, sick, sick, sick.

Anonymous said...

I knew I shouldn't have followed that link! I hope it's an urban legend. :o(

Jen

bazu said...

nasty nasty nasty.
as we were saying this morning, at least they make explicit the connection between sexual violence and violence against animals, which many more people simply gloss over.

speaking of the blight that is us, have you heard of this book? "The World Without Us" by Alan Weisman

All my tomorrows said...

Wow. Just wow. That is all.

Glad the ham is doing better. You KNOW I feel that pain, friend.