Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hamstrung by my hamstring

I did a four mile run this morning and now I am sitting on a bag of ice. My left hamstring has been iffy lately and today just did it in. No one to blame but myself.....I had a sneaking suspicion that this was a possibility. I hate to stretch. I hate to warm up. I hate to strength train. So the chickens have come home to roost. It's a regimen of ice and ibuprofen for me and no hamstring exercises for a few days. Oh, yeah, I guess I will have to stretch also :-( Only good thing is I came across a video for hamstring injury massage. Will have to get A to do that for me - you know, in the interest of complete clinical recovery.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I hope you feel better. I guess I won't see you tomorrow!! Take care of yourself!!