Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Training Update

The cold is finally all gone with the exception of a lingering, innocent little hack at night. And my training is back on track. But I am slower. Oh Gawd, am I slower. My schedule calls for a weekly tempo run, intervals and a long run. I added into that mix a fourth run - less than 3 miles. Just a jaunt to keep the leg muscles from atrophying and the calorie count from jumping. I thought the route was 2.82 miles. And I was throwing down some killer times so suspicious minds and all that jazz......I re-calculated the route. I did it using USATF, Gmaps and Mapmyrun. The overall concensus is 2.46 miles. So one day it was a 12:12 miles (just 2 seconds a mile faster than my 6 mile run WITH WALK BREAKS earlier in the week!) and today was 11:13. The real kicker is both times, I felt like I *was* running fast. Oh well, guess it is going to take a little longer recovery time for me....

No comments: