Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Friday, September 07, 2007

Run Report

W and I tried to do 4 miles today. We ended up walking twice for a quarter mile each time. The weather forecast is for record highs and an ozone warning for today. I thought we could beat the heat, but it beat us. I didn't take Cosmo. It is hot and humid outside. All that means to him is that dog hating monsters in the sky will be making loud noises at him even though the forecast says nothing about thunderstorms. This is how he spent his morning:
One week to Bud. I am not feeling 100% confident. According to McMillian, I should be able to do the 10K in 1:07:29. Nice and firmly in the BOP :-) However, I don't think I can maintain a sub 11 pace for over 6 miles. I am shooting for 11:15 or around 1:09/1:10. Very, very nicely in the BOP :-) Boy, when I look at that time written out all I can think if that is a long time to be out there running. Extended weather forecast is calling for a high of 70 and sunny for Saturday.
Tomorrow will be 5-6 miles and then Jen and I are off to NYC. I am going to run the first mile with Shannon, her first straight mile run since she has been injured.

5 comments:

IHateToast said...

woe is cosmo.

Anonymous said...

You'll do great! Can't wait for the race, the pups and I will be there cheering you on all the way.

See you tomorrow Mon.

Jen

Bridget said...

Since Cosmo's stay Sally has decided sleeping in the bathroom is a good idea. Hurumph.

Today was brutal. Tomorrow isn't much better so be careful.

bazu said...

Awww, Cosmo!

Anonymous said...

I 'run' at about a 12-13 minute mile, so if you're the Back of the Pack, I'd hate to think what that makes me! Last, I guess....

Your greyhound is adorable.