Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Midday runs.....

stink.



I had an early morning dental appointment to replace a temp crown with a perm. And then I had an appointment with my friendly neighborhood masachistic hair stylist so this morning's run became this afternoon's run. No big deal, right? After all, it isn't as though my days are chockful of peace brokering in the Middle East.



I have a nice little morning routine. Coffee, water, a light fruit breakfast, do whatever else has to be done and then run. The problem with a mid day run is you are held captive to all that has preceeded your run. In my case, it ended up being a bowl of cereal, two rolls (with vegan Earth Balance), a huge 16 oz fruit smoothie - everything I ate before 3 pm. Let me tell you, tummy no likey smoothie while running. Some weird gastro-intestinal brewing was going on.



It started off decently. First mile 10:45, second mile 21:50, and then Cosmo decides he has had enough. So we walk a minute and then start again slowly. At the 3 mile mark, I have had enough and we walk for a minute while I try to get rid of a stitch in my side. First time I had one of those in years. So we end our 4.5 at 51:42, a full 3 minutes slower than I hoped. Oh well. Such is life. Maybe Friday's run will be better.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

I hear ya! I always get the burps. It stinks. Hopefully tomorrow is a better one ;D