Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Saturday, July 07, 2007

No wailing or gnashing of teeth

Yeah, today's pace was a slow 11:40 but I am cool with that. It was a Saturday run so we go longer but slower. I ran with Sue and to start, I felt very tired, my legs fatigued. We hit the 3 mile mark at 11:20/mile so that was pretty cool and then Sue hit a wall. *coughcoughgetthosemidweekrunsinSue!coughcough* We walked for about 100 feet, enough time for her heart rate to drop and breathing to regulate and then started running again. We were slow - our pace slowed enough that Cosmo was giving both of us looks. But the little walk break was just enough of what she needed to keep going and she ended up doing 4.25 and I ran 4.5. No speed records but damn, after a rocky start, I felt good and could have kept going and going. Only slight psychological twinge might be that B finished her 5 miles before I finished my 4.5 but hey, I stopped to scoop poop - twice. What can I say? When the boy has to go, he has to go.

Weekly mileage total? A nice and even 15 miles. I found a calorie counting site that says those 15 miles have burned 1,605 calories. Works out to a whole whooping half a pound folks! That is if I didn't come home and take a nap after every run and stuff my face. Pass me that cupcake! Shooting for 16.25 next week. Good times people, good times.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Ok!!! You made your point. I am getting with Ron today to see what days I can run and on what days he has meeting/race car stuff to do.

Anonymous said...

15 miles... awesome!

Jen

Anonymous said...

maybe i shouldn't have read this after a morning snack of nibblets (chocolate covered raisins from healthfood store)