Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Friday, June 15, 2007

A Little Progress

Because W had plans for later today, we met early to run. She was without dogs because she came straight from work, so it was just the 3 of us. We did 3 miles in 32:25, a 10:48 m/m. We both thought it was hard but maintainable and just slightly out of our comfort zone - it probably was technically a 'tempo' run. I managed to stay upright the whole time and the trail was blessedly lightly populated - no loose dogs. Weather was beautiful - sunshine, breezy and high sixties. Can't get any better than that. Gonna keep working on getting that time down though. We will get faster yet.

Tomorrow we are heading out to Green Lakes to watch the triathlon. I am so so happy, happy beyond belief, that I am not doing it this year :-) My weekend run will be Sunday morning - probably a slow 3.5/4 miler with Cosmo - Bridg is out of town this weekend :-(

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

where's the photo of your new helmet?

Carrie said...

congrats on the pace progress. that always motivates me to keep running a little bit harder.

KleoPatra said...

How fun!! Let me know how you enjoy the tri. It's motivating, to be sure. Keep up the GREAT work, Trac! (And believe me, i know that it IS work...)

Awesome progress!

All my tomorrows said...

I'm glad you didn't have any ass over tea kettle moments today :-). That sucks. Your time sounds GOOD. I couldn't even begin to tell you how slow my run was today. I did 50 minutes and because of all the rain you can imagine the humidity....I probably looked like I was going in slo mo!

Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, no falling!

Jen :o)

Sue said...

Great times!!! You are doing better than me!! Maybe next year you will be watching me at the tri!!! (Only if I can get my speed up)

Anonymous said...

Bridget told me how to find your blog. Said I HAD to read about your boob falling incident. My only question is...did it make them any smaller? 'cause, I'll try anything!!

Shannon