Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Saturday, February 24, 2007

A Hunch about my Lunch

The title doesn't mean anything, I just like the rhyme.
With no further ado, and because I know the demand for this information is great (read this as sarcastic - I am fully aware that my lunch posts are extremely self indulgent), this is what I ate this week:
Homemade chili, grapefruit sections, applesauce and some coconut rice with peas.

Sloppy Jane sandwich, made by Bridg from La Dolce Vegan. I have never been a fan of sloppy joe sandwiches. They were my least favorite (least favorite as in I would rather go hungry) meal as a kid, right there with stuffed peppers and stuffed cabbage. These, however, were pretty good, if I do say so myself. The lunch is rounded out with some homemade vegan chili, a salad (there are other veggies hidden under all that romaine) and applesauce.
Leftover pad thai from Appethaizing, homemade inari, applesauce and celery, baby carrots and cashew butter to dip them in.
Homemade corn chowder (very delish, from La Dolce Vegan cookbook), a roll with Earth Balance, applesauce and to round out the meal, carrots and celery with cashew butter.
Could I eat any more applesauce? Note to self: Branch out. Get off of the applesauce wagon!

3 comments:

All my tomorrows said...

Well **I** look forward to these...so keep on with it! You inspire me to better eating and the photos are beautiful.

Applesauce is good for ye. :-)

KleoPatra said...

Good food, Trac. And tho i'm not an applesauce fan myself, i can appreciate your enjoyment of it. I like your bowls in which you show off the food. Nice!

By the way, blogs are supposed to be "self indulgent," so do keep on keepin' on. Love yer humour, Trac.

vko said...

If we can't be self-indulgent in our blogs, we probably wouldn't even blog. Let's all revel in it!

I love to see what everyone's eating and I adore a sloppy joe...