Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Bentos!

The lunches stunk this week. They were so boring, I could barely stand to eat them. It was the end of the month and all the grocery budget money was long gone.
Monday: a tofu and dill salad sandwich with triscuits and chocolate teddy grahams. The peanut butter is for the triscuits.

Tuesday: Peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat bread, grapefruit sections and the usual triscuits and teddy grahams.

Wednesday: Boring iceberg salad, some kind of rice and black bean dish I made, some red lentil and coconut milk soup dredged in desperation from the bottom of the freezer, and chocolate teddy grahams (I never get tired of them!)

Thursday: Pierogies, some Health is Wealth fake chick'n nuggets, baby carrots, canned green beans sprinkled with gomasio and woo hooo, chocolate teddy grahams.
Friday I didn't take lunch because I went into work late. This coming week should be better. Right off the bat, I have some corn chowder from Bridget that is in my fridge for tomorrow. Can't wait!!!

4 comments:

Dori said...

Hi! Great Bento pictures. I subscribed to the vegan bento box on flickr for some time. I've been searching around the web for a bento box likes yours... no luck.

Great looking food here. I see we read many of the same blogs.

Ruthie said...

Man, if that is boring, you don't want to see my lunch! LOL

But even I one-up my great friend Wendy. Every single day she would eat a peanut butter sandwich and a bag of cheese nips. EVERY DAY! :) I always gave her a hard time about it, but, joking aside, she always had food that she loved, in portions she was comfortable with, that was inexpensive and very easy for her to put together.

It made my daily thermos of homemade vegan soup (different soup each week) with a peice of fruit and carrot sticks look like a ton of work!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with ruthie! wow! you must see what I eat.. your food looks pretty good to me! ;-) Nothing boring about it! Looks sooo yummmy.

Lori said...

I'll take some PB&J! Your bentos always make me wish I was eating more creatively. Lately I pop open a can of vegan soup and call it a meal. We won't talk about all the cookies I'm eating though. Thanks for always being supportive. xoxo