Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Mingling with the Masses

This morning, the zipper on my favorite running bra broke. I only had three to begin with and was constantly doing wash. I decided to take the plunge and for once and for all, get enough of them. This spending was not in the budget (maybe someday I will blog about the budgeting that is done in this house) but the husb agreed and we took off to Target.

Target had a small selection but none were rated high impact. I want cement around my chest. I want nothing moving. The husb suggest we head over to Sports Authority. They had some nice Champion ones there but they were $35. A PIECE!!! I just couldn't do it. Against all my good intentions, we went to Walmart - which I have a love/hate relationship with. I love the prices but hate the store, hate their business ethics, the way they treat their employees, etc. But what do I know? I am temping for Central New York's version of Enron - that story should probably be a blog entry.

Of course Walmart had a huge selection and lots of high impact ones. I bought four for $13.97 each.

The weirdest thing that happened was at Target. On our way out of the store, we were walking behind this woman. We followed her right to the exit door. She walked right up to the door and when it didn't open automatically, she stopped. The automatic door was to the left of us, separated with a handrail. She stopped, looked to to the left at the automatic door, turned around, stepped around us (we were 2 feet behind her), walked around the handrail and went out the automatic door. WTF?? Between backtracking, avoiding us and walking around the handrail, she probably walked an extra 15 feet to get to the automatic door. Can we not open doors anymore?

2 comments:

All my tomorrows said...

Hahahahaha..one of your labels is "lazy people"..hilarious...

OK, bras..which is why I'm commenting. LUCY.COM

It is the bomb. Of course, it is not instant gratification, but they deliver quickly and have AWESOME sports bras.

Check it out.

Ruthie said...

LOL I think I would be like that lady. I LOVE automatic doors. They just make me happy. (Maybe she was a germaphobe or had just sneezed on her hands)