Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Monday, January 01, 2007

2007 Resolutions

1) Lose weight - hey, what would a list of New Year's resolutions be without that old standby?

2) Increase run lengths to an easy 6-8 miles at a consistent sub 11 m/m.

3) Pay an extra 10,000 towards our mortgage principal in 2007.

That is the biggie - the resolution that is REALLY gonna take some work. Our old house had 12 years left on a fifteen year refinance and we now have a 30 year loan. It is disheartening but we do love the new house. Just the idea of no repairs and little maintenance (at least for a few years) it was the right decision for us but that 30 years is hanging over our head. So, the numbers have been crunched and the challenge issued....an extra $833 per month needs to appear. Or rather $733 because unbeknownst to me, the husb has already been paying an extra $100. All this on top of two kids in college. Oh vey. I apologize in advance to my friends because they are going to be hearing, "Sorry, I can't afford.....to do that.....to buy this....to go there....." an awful lot. Good thing they are a cheap, frugal lot also :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have an extra $10,000 a year laying around where you can add that much to your mortgage payments! Day-um! Can I come live with you?? Oh wait, I'd never sell my piece of trash house... :o(

Hey though, all kidding aside, those are awesome goals. Am I going to see you running the Boilermaker this summer????? What are you going to try to run (m/m) for the Beaver Lake race? I want to make sure I can keep up!

Jen

Sue said...

Isn't the Boilermaker a 15K? That would make you only 1 mile extra of your goal!!!! You can do it!!! Isn't it finishing is what counts!?!

Blame Jen for this.....I'm just carrying on the torch.

runswithdog said...

Well, we don't have an extra 10 grand lying around, hence the resolution and the challenge LOL

I don't think the Boilermaker is in my cards this summer unless I can recruit a bunch of other suckers to train and run it with me.