Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Suffice it to say.....

My run Saturday was horrible :-) Thanks to everyone for their kind words and support - I have the best friends, the best running mates (including most especially, Momo) and the best cyber buds.

Saturday was very cold and windy but out at the the lake, we were sheltered from the wind. I ran 3.5 miles. I felt very tired with heavy legs as soon as we started out. When we reached the 1.75 mile turn around, it just hit me. I felt like I was on a death march :-) The trail is marked off in .25 mile segments. I told myself to get to the next quarter mile marker and then I could walk. When I reached that point, I said to myself, 'you got here. Just go to the next quarter mile and then you can walk'. I did that little internal talk SIX times to get me through the return trip. I was running so slow, Momo was at the end of his leash, pulling. He even turned back and looked at me several times as if to say, 'What the hell am I pulling here? C'mon!'.

Anyways, it sucked. I felt very bad most the weekend about it. It just seems like running is something I work so hard at and I never seem to get better/faster/or it becomes easier. Ah well.........such is life (I can say that now but last weekend? No way!)

I was supposed to run last night - our hills. I watched the weather all day and I honestly thought it was going to be do-able but then about 4 pm, the snow started accumulating on the roads and the wind kicked up. It was probably about 25-28 degrees at that point, so I bagged it. And there was no way I was going to head to the gym and brave those crowds. Sorry ladies for not showing, I hope you had a good run. As soon as Momo gets his Bro (and no, IowaGH, you can't rescue him! A bro does not constitute violating my adoption agreement! LOL :-P ), I will feel more comfortable with him running in colder temps. The Bro rocks. He DID want to go last night :-) I stayed home, made gluten free chocolate mocha muffins for the husb, vegan chocolate chips for me, and homemade, vegan cream of tomato soup for both of us.

Thanks again everyone (although, trailhoundz, resurrecting that old article was a low blow :-)). I am sure my next run will be better - hope springs eternal, right?

1 comment:

runswithdog said...

No pressure on the bro. Get the Christmas portraits done first
:-)