Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Weekly Recap

Monday - 2.5 miles with Cos, Melissa, Kris and Shannon. Melissa is a faster runner than I (probably close to a flat 10 m/m) but I was determined to hang with her, if I was able. So we picked it up the last .5 mile - not easy but I kept with her, I was sucking wind. :-) She definitely set the pace but of course said she was just trying to stay with me - yeah right :-) Anyways, as we both said, you have to run faster to get faster.
Tuesday - back to back cycle classes.
Wednesday - 2.7, 31 minutes. 11:30 m/m. Not too bad considering the two breaks Mo took to answer the call of nature.
Post Run Pup Pics:

Thursday - back to back cycle classes. After a bit of a rough start, I am settling into teaching two classes in a row. Today was a great day. I had some great riders including another instructor (this always makes you pick up your game!) - Sue came in and joined us for my second class. I rode hard both classes.
Saturday - 3.25 with Bridget. No time, we just went out and tried to get a little distance under us. It took Cos the first .5 mile to settle in. I am definitely considering a hands free system for him.

After taking the summer off, I have been back running for 10 weeks now. After a real slow start, I feel like I am starting to get my groove back. I think I will be adding another running day in a couple of weeks. As our distances have picked up and he is now running all days with me, Cos's food had been up-ped a cup a day.

Tomorrow is the Jingle Bell run and I am looking forward to getting out and watching everyone run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your grey looks very comfy!