Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

My 25th House District

It was very close, 105,050 to 101,107 but it looks as though my congressional representative for the next two years will continue to be Jim Walsh. AS HE HAS BEEN SINCE 1988! 18 YEARS!

My neighbors, New Yorkers.......our founding fathers never planned or expected that Congress be a career.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really really really wanted Howie Hawkins to win. I just saw on t.v. that 59,000 people voted for him. This is with no money, no media coverage, no ads, no participation in debates, no dirty tricks, nothing. Boooooo. He's a respectable guy, so was McCourt.

Overall, though I'm not a democrat (did you guess by what I just wrote?!) I'm pleased with the results of the election. (Except Maffei's loss- what the hell is up with that?) None of the suicidal thoughts of 2000 and 2004, at least!