Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Monday, October 16, 2006

My nose, my nose!!!!

Mother of..........I am making a dish from the Complete Vegan, Baked Rice with Black Beans, Corn, Tomatoes and Epazote*. One of the husb's favorite dishes is Spanish Rice and this just looks like a fancier version of it. It calls for 3 chilies, minced. I have never had a problem before but I must have touched my nose because I think it is disintegrating off my face as I type. I looked in the mirror, expecting to see red, swollen, open, weeping wounds and of course, my nose looked normal. But it doesn't feel normal! It is running so badly, I feel like a crack addict in need of a fix! I keep washing my hands but I am afraid to touch the dogs. And some how, they know this because they are all up in my business like there's no tomorrow. 'Pet me, love me, let me lick your hands.....'

*I guess epazote is some herb very important in Meso-American cuisine but I couldn't find any (in Central New York - go figure!) so I just left it out. Hope it doesn't affect the dish :-)

No comments: