Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Self censorship

I just deleted my last two posts. I went and took a good long shower and played in the backyard with the dogs for a bit and decided that I didn't want them to stand as my thoughts for the day. The world sucks sometimes but it is our duty to fight the good fight and not wallow in self-pity. Check here if you want to see what got me so down:

Candi's blog (caveat - I read Candi's blog everyday and love it......Holla Candi! I just found the pictures from her slide show to be such affecting and powerful images. They really felt like a knife in my heart - which is good because it means they will have the power to affect change in people)
Final Salute - Rocky Mountain News
When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts
and my own personal 'push a person over the edge' - Involuntary Marine Recall

Anyways, instead of the depressive wallowing, I am going to focus on the positive (Accentuate the positive, Eliminate the negative, Latch onto the affirmative.......not a bad theme song, heh?):
This weekend is the second annual Syracuse Vegfest. Gonna be there and it is gonna be great!
We have a day trip planned in September for the New York Farm Sanctuary. Gonna hang with some pigs and goats!
Dewey Beach in October. Gonna hang with the hounds!
And lastly, Eric's End of Active Service date is November. So long, Marine Corps!

3 comments:

Candi said...

All those links were very depressing, and I was sad to have added to your sadness!! *hugs* The image of the airplane landing and the coffin coming out was too much! I can see why it all added up to some very bleak posts. I dedicated my most recent post to you, and it's called Kitty Mittens. Mittens has the ability to make people feel better. LOL!! I hope she can make up for my previous post!

Vegfest!! Farm sanctuary! You sure have some fun heading your way!

KleoPatra said...

I missed the other posts and i guess i should be glad, though i always like to read what you have to say...

I love this post, trac! You are going to be busy with some great adventures. I am happy for you. And hasta manana, Marines. That's always swell.

Semper Fi, Goodbye!

Hang in there... i know what you mean about the sadness. I feel deeply on things that i feel matter, such as the plight of all our animal brethren (sisterthen).

*HUGS*

meesh said...

Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. :)
I am so jealous that you are going to Farm Sanctuary. I just signed up to do their walk-a-thon fundraiser out here in Los Angeles. I hear they have a farm in Northern Cali too, but it's still a pretty good drive for me. Awww, pat a piggy or a moo cow for me when you go. :)

I know what you mean about getting mired down in the negative. Sometimes, all the badness that is going on can really get me depressed. So much so, that I don't really see the point in trying to do my little part to make it better. You're right, though - we have to "accentuate the positive" and keep on doing our best.