Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Missing the outdoors

Reading KleoPatra's blog, Pisces Place, and her recent post, she talks about hiking Cowles Mountain and there is a picture of her at the top overlooking a beautiful scene with a resevoir in the background. It made me so envious. This new house construction and move has consumed all my energy and time. Seeing her picture just made me think how long it has been since I have been out. Combined that with a nice change in our weather - ideal for hiking - and I am feeling sorry for myself :-)

Wen and I were able to get out a lot at the beginning of the summer but now - she has started a new job and I am swamped. The summer of Wen and Trac was nice while it lasted LOL

The last hiking we did was last month up at Lake Placid which was great but it was dogless.... My letterboxing stuff is all packed away.... I haven't made any books lately outside of the aborted State Fair entry attempt that was disastrous. Jen keeps putting stuff and ideas on her art blog that are making me envious......

It will be nice when everything is settled and life is back to normal - just in time for prime fall hiking weather in CNY (at least until the hunters take over all the state land :-/)

No comments: