Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Friday, August 11, 2006

book survey

Scarf-ed from Trailhoundz who nicked it from Julie N's blog because it is always good to talk about books:

1. One book that changed your life:
Diet for a New America by John Robbins (this is the book that inspired me to go vegan)
2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
The Mirror by Marlys Millhiser (I love, love, love time travel!)
3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
4. One book that made you laugh:
Hmmmmmmmm, don't read many funny books - Maybe Bridget Jones' Diary????????
5. One book that made you cry:
The Ginger Tree by Oswald Wynd
6. One book that you wish had been written:
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
7. One book that you wish had never been written:
Hmmmm, another hard one, there are so many :-) The Left Behind books, any Danielle Steel, etc.
8. One book you’re currently reading:
Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
Remembrance of Things Past - Marcel Proust (all of it!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. One book that changed your life:
Diet for a New America by John Robbins (this is the book that inspired me to go vegan)

I suppose this is true for me too!
It was a discussion on veal somewhere in the middle to be honest.

2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
The Eyes of the Dragon, by Stephen King (It is pure story, start to finish.)

3. One book you’d want on a desert island:

Any desert island survival manual I suppose.

4. One book that made you laugh:

The Third Policeman, by Flann O'Brien The book is insane.

5. One book that made you cry:

Actuarial Mathematics.

6. One book that you wish had been written:
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
I don't get this. How could it not have been written???

How about, "Fermat: My Solution"

7. One book that you wish had never been written:

This is tough. I've read a few books that were deeply disappointing, but I can't quite think of one that warrants a complete removal from existence. Has Bin LAden been published? IS there anything out there like, Jihad for Dummies?

8. One book you’re currently reading:

The Toyota Prius owner's manual.

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:

The Sicilian by Mario Puzo

runswithdog said...

Ok, this made me laugh - Jihad for Dummies??? I just assumed that #6 meant what book you wished you had written. Fermat: My Solution? You mean he didn't write that? LOL

Candi said...

Great list! I love the book that changed your life!! Great book. I read it after becoming vegan and got lots of info out of it!

I'll have to investigate some of your other choices. I always love finding out about new great books to read!