Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Monday, June 05, 2006

This is for Budge

Monday morning video break - Budge gets nervous when we move off the shoulder into the turning lane. At least we don't have to do this. This is a helmet cam shot video of the NYC Drag Race. They are bike messengers and it's called the drag race because some of them ride in drag. The point at about 4:40 where they thread through two buses is just sick. Oh......this guys are also on fixed gear bikes too. Amazing!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

I am sitting here at my desk hands covering my eyes, but still peeking to watch, hair standing straight up on my arms and just about ready to puke. These guys are fucking nuts.

runswithdog said...

I love the second song, that Johnnie B. Goode version. I would love to use that in a cycle class. Time is money for those guys so they definitely push the boundaries. The guy brushing along the bus - and not just a regular bus but a tandem one? Just too much.....way too sick.