Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Humpf.......

Yesterday was only Monday and I kept thinking it was Wednesday. I certainly don't want to wish my days away and closer to Saturday's tri!

I wasn't aware but I guess last night was the season premiere of Hell's Kitchen. I putzed around and then went to bed in a depressive funk and missed it! They better re-run that sh*t!!! I am so utterly brokenhearted to have missed my Gordo :-( with his deliciously craggy face and accent screaming at those poor misguided hopefuls, 'Shu(t) (h)it, shu(t) (h)it, shu(t) (h)it down!!!!!!!!' Oh, man, I so hope there is a replay.

It is summer, school is out. I feel like something should be 'out' in my life but, unfortch, as an adult, there is no summer vacation. I don't feel like cleaning my house (which really needs it), cooking, working out or anything. About the only thing I do is keep plugging away at an appallingly dismal rate at a project I have to get done. The good thing is I am still working on it, the bad thing is it should have been done a month ago.

3 of Budge's dogs are staying with us until this evening. They arrived Sunday morning. Let's just say - 6 dogs is a lot of dog!!! Just a huge amount of canine volume! A and I have talked before about 2 being a limit and I am starting to come around to that way of thinking :-) These three are so very good, though, with the exception of their early morning wake up routine. After about 4 am, there can be no movement in our bed, no turning over, stretching, nothing. Any movement is taken by them as the siren calling them to begin their morning! :-) I can usually get them to settle back two or three times, especially since at that hour, my dogs aren't joining in. Their attitude (rightly, I think) is f*ck this, it is 4 am. However, around 6 am, they are willing to join in and I end up getting up, if only so A can get a little more sleep.

They are very, very good about meal times. Usually, when we have visitor dogs, feeding times are a little chaotic. With new dogs in the mix, the dogs don't feel there is a routine and it is a mad scramble for dishes. The new dogs go for any dish, my dogs don't understand why there is a strange dog eating their food - there is potential for disaster. However, these three dogs are very mannerly with their food. They stand by while I put my dogs food down and wait patiently while I put theirs down and call them over. Only once did I have to move one dog away from someone else's dish. Hard to believe that meal times with 6 dogs could be easy but it is :-)

No comments: