Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Yesterday's ride

Did a 12.5 mile bike ride with Budge yesterday evening. Something is off with my setup. I really got a bad lower backache about 1/2 way through. I do think my seat needs to go higher. We went through neighborhoods to get to the park so there were lots of turns and stop signs. We also had to take a couple of really sharp turns to go over a pedestrian bridge above a highway. No falls for either of us but I had one wobbly 'oh no, I might be going down' moment while I was trying to go up the incline to the bridge after taking a sharp left turn and turning around to see if Budge was managing ok. I managed to keep it together though, whew!

I am really not liking Budge lately. She seems to be faster than me at everything! Swim, bike and run!!! She isn't good at shifting because her levers are on the frame so she is in one gear practically the whole ride while I am working my gears like a slot machine! I might have to steal her inhaler to give myself a fighting chance :-)

We really have had some beautiful weather lately, makes me nervous :-) Wen is back from Florida so we will be running with her on Sunday. Yea!

No comments: