Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

House news

They should be breaking ground today on the new house. Yesterday, I had a crisis of faith. Budge says it is just the typical buyer's remorse. I think it is just good old liberal, middle class guilt :-) It doesn't help that Spark sings, 'They paved paradise and put up a parking lot' when I talk to her :-)

We changed our countertop. We had the cambia bristol blue but it didn't really work with any of our other color choices. Since the living/dining/kitchen is all open, this became a problem of aesthetics. Seems most of our choices lean to warm tones with the exception of this huge expanse of cool blue countertop. So we lined all the selections up against our choices and the three of us (A, the decorator and myself) unanimously agreed on a new choice:


We also choose our light style:


I think this is the finish we choose - brushed nickel, but who the heck knows anymore? There will be pendelum lights in this style and a few ceiling lights also.

We choose escape gray for the master bedroom walls and whole wheat for the living/dining/kitchen walls (hence the removal of the blue countertops)

http://www.sherwin-williams.com/do_it_yourself/paint_colors/

Launch the color visualizere and you can search for the colors and actually drag them into room pictures. I wasn't all that thrilled with whole wheat - it just seemed so neutral and blah. I wanted hunter green, aubergine, burgundy....something! Some color! But the decorator assures me that this will look great on the walls.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

ooooohhhhh I like this countertop better!! It is going to look stunning in the kitchen. Jen's right take picutres or better yet. Take the boys over so they can pee on it to mark it as yours!

B

runswithdog said...

Hmmmm, you like the brownish gold specked countertop better than the blue? I don't know. I think it looks better with everything else but I still really like the blue.