Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

imsomnia

Here it is, 3:21 am. As is way too usual recently, I am awake, downstairs to keep from disturbing A. I found an old Homicide on - the one where Kay gets promoted to Sgt. and promptly starts driving everyone crazy and that there is a video guy filming a documentary. Man, I love this show! I especially loved the episode where they played the whole documentary. I want to live in Baltimore. I want to meet Meldrick Lewis. I wish Clarke Johnson did more film/tv work, although I guess he does a lot of directing.

Ran with Budge tonight (last night?). We did the new fast/slow runner workout and it was pretty good. I liked it. It didn't make me feel guilty as she was able to run her own pace. 5 minutes - my fast pace, 2 minutes - recovery, 2 minutes - her fast pace - 2 minutes recovery and we repeated it several times. We ran about 4.2 miles and my time was 47:45 - 11:22 m/m. WTH? I felt like I was sprinting! I was breathing like a freight train! I was hoping it was at least a minute/mile faster. I hung with Budge pretty good except for one hill at the end. No run tomorrow - thank goodness!

The house basement walls were poured today. It will be neat when they remove the frames and we can actually see the basement. We also finished the selection process. I think it is going to cost us about $5000 for a fence - hence the insomnia and some nausea if I think about it too much :-(

No comments: