Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Monday, April 24, 2006

Running and poop

We did our 30 minute run this morning. First mile was good, felt good, good pace. Slowed down though after that. When Mo runs, it is 'stimulating' and it makes him poop. So before we run, I always let him outside and try to get him going so he will go. I have to be careful though, if he thinks I am getting ready to run, he won't do anything but stand at the door or stand in front of me, whining. This morning, I put my running shoes on before letting him out so there was no way he was going to leave my side. I was the recipient of what I refer to as the "Momo Enema". Meaning I had his head up my a$$ every step I took :-)

I don't like to have to haul a baggie full of poop when I run. So on our way to our customary starting point, we strolled along, Momo did a lot of sniffing and finally, voila! Production!!! I was able to stash the poopbag near our starting point, we had a good run and picked up the bag on our way home.

No comments: