Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

It's not great, but it's okay....

To paraphrase Whitney Houston. 45 minute run this morning with Momo. And the title sums it all up. Not a great run but an ok one and I will take that happily. Saturday's run was brutal, Monday's was hard so I am very happy for an ok run. I do think that 45 minutes is too long for Mo. I think he can do it physically no problem but I've noticed he checks out mentally at about 30 minutes. So in the future I will limit him to 30 minutes. I definitely want him to continue to enjoy running with me.
I also think that I will start tracking my resting heartrate in the mornings. I am a little worried about overtraining. The physical effort it takes to do my runs seems to be increasing not decreasing and that is discouraging. I made a point to ice my feet after today's run. I have gotten out of that habit and forgot just how great it feels. I hope that it will also decrease my stiffness I get hours after my run.

No comments: