Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Monday, August 03, 2009

Road Trip Day 1

We left NY around noon in a major rainstorm and it rained for the next two hours until we were south of Ithaca. Very apropo to our feelings. Both dogs had major meltdowns after Bridget said good bye to them. Cosmo tried to follow me into the shower, Mal just followed me all around the house, whining. Mal NEVER whines :-(

Anyways, I left NY after a nice three mile run in the morning with my running group. It was a nice farewell to finish up with them and my friends.

First day travel went really well. Both Cosmo and Mal are excellent travellers. We made good time. Went through the central part of PA which was beautiful. Today we are tackling the Blue Ridge Parkway and are shooting to end up in Augusta, GA.

Only little glitch is Cosmo's exposure to automatic doors and elevators. The expression on his face when a motel door opened as he walked up to it was priceless. He doesn't like the elevators so much. First time on it, his legs buckled and he almost collapsed when it started moving. Mal is an old champ at them and nothing fazes that dog. They are the best travelling dogs!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you so much already!!! :o(

Jen

Shannon said...

Glad day 1 went well. On my way down Morgan rd on the way to the HS today a red element passed me. I looked to see if it was you. It clearly was not. It was a strange feeling. Reality check.

Bridget said...

See, I told you the sun would start shining once you got out of Syracuse! Glad to hear day one went smoothly. Hoping to hear that day 2 went as smoothly.

And you always said Mo didn't have facial expressions. LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Your fans are waiting eagerly for Day 2 report!! Especially the one who suggested the Blue Ridge Parkway!

Jen