Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Wow. I suck blogging. My excuse? It is March. We have 2 ft. of snow on the ground. Gray skies and it was 2 degrees when I woke up a few mornings ago. Yuck. Don't feel like writing - nothing interesting enough to write about even if I did want to write. But in the interest of keeping the millions of fan up to date on my life miniutae, here is a breakdown:

1) PTT's biopsy came back - it is cancer. However, the margins were clean, if a little short for the lab's liking in one area. There is every possiblity that she can go on and have a healthy life. She will need to be monitored for new lumps diligently, though. Now we just need to try to find a appropriate home for a 6 yr. old, cancer surviving bounceback.

2) Still running - our long runs are up to 10 miles this week. It is hard. For the first time in training, yesterday, we didn't hit our tempo run times. That was discouraging. But we did get the distance in. 8 more weeks to go.

3) I am not running Tipp this weekend. I was wishy washy on it. Last weekend, we were to do a trial run and I woke up to snow, wind and cold. Nope. Not gonna do it. And what's more....I decided there and then I wasn't going to run Tipp. It is my protest against our sucky weather.

4) Instead........can anyone say.........ROADTRIP???? Woo! Leaving Friday with the Mater to spend the weekend in NYC with the daughter. The daughter has been pushing hard to the hoop, trying to get me down there for a visit lately. Frankly, when a kid requests your company....well, it doesn't happen often, so you better go. The Mater is going, because, frankly, the parents could use a time out from each other. LOL We will be back Monday. This is going to be lots of fun!

5) Other trips on board: Austin, 3/16. Never been. Looking forward to this. And the creme de la creme.....Miami in July. Yeah, I don't care if it is hot. We will be on the beach! Take a look at this:
http://www.miamibeachresortandspa.com/ Damn, I hope they let us in! I don't think I have ever stayed in anyplace that swanky.

4 comments:

bazu said...

austin and miami! way to get your vitamin D, woman! hell, even NYC sounds balmy and tropical to me right now (although yesterday was really nice, huh?)

All my tomorrows said...

What are you doing in Austin? You must take a run on the Town Lake Trail. Your hotel can show you how to do that. It's delightful. I'd drive up there to have a coffee with you, but I'm working a part time job at our Fine Arts Museum right now and I ALWAYS work Sundays so likely will not happen. :-(. I'd love to have met you though. Just let me know if you want more Austin info. There's a very nice Whole Foods on Lamar and lots of great watering holes in the new SoCo area (south of Congress). I grew up there, as you might know. Am proud of my city!

Anonymous said...

sorry about PTT. it seems like there are people who like to get the oldies and the slightly broken ones. those are special people.

austin. lucky. i won't be there until nov. actually flying back to vote.

enjoy the mater/daughter time.

Anonymous said...

You are rockin and rollin!

Jen