Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Run Report

Yes, the first official week of the training program and what do I have to show for it? A measly 2 miles.

I started off this week sick. I woke up Monday morning completely out of it. How sick was I? Colonoscopy prepping sick. I was unable to eat or leave my bed all of Monday and most of Tuesday. So Tuesday's tempo run did not happen. I did drag my gurgling, gaseous, nauseous self to the WW weigh in. I wanted to see what two days of havoc wrecked on my system and I wanted some credit from being so sick. 5 lbs down. In one week. Yeah, I was pretty sick. Of course, I know that as soon as I was able to keep water down I probably gained most of it right back as my poor little dessicated, dehydrated cells swelled up to their normal giant size....

I have to take a core class, teach a cycle class and meet with a total health client tonight so I didn't want to push anything but I did want to get out and stretch the legs, so to speak. I thought about doing an easy three - Cosmo is back to his old self and was rearing to go. I ended up stopping at two. First mile felt good and then it started getting crampy around 1.5 so I cut it short (I was also right by my house) at 2 miles. That was plenty. Our 7 mile is still on for tomorrow - program calls for a 12 something pace so even if I have to take walk breaks it should be do-able.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've done somehting like that. i had influenza and was out for a week. all that coughing gave me some ripped abs.

lost them after i got better. sigh. we take what we can get.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear Cosmo is doing well. Phew.
Bu hey - your idea of "not pushing anything" puts my best workout to shame. do you realize all you did??
1. core class
2. teach a cycle class
3. meet with a total health client 4. get out and stretch the legs
Dang! Just know that whenever I feel lazy I read your blog to get motivated. thanks!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Melissa. :o)

And how was the 7 mile run today??

Jen