Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Friday, August 17, 2007

Funk-y Town

First off, to all you kind enough to worry and comment...I did find my running shorts this morning. Somehow they were stashed in my underwear section of my bureau. Very embarrassing, especially as I accused the 18 (soon to be 19, in 2 weeks) year old son of coveting and absconding with them. He looked at me like I was nuts.

Things have been funky around here and not in a 'groov'in with some energy' type of way. More in a funk - y type of way, with the emphasis on funk. Blah. We ran Wednesday. 4 miles. Plan was for 6x400 repeats. We got almost through four and Cosmo was stung by a yellow jacket on the inside of one of his front legs. Until this point, we were just under 11 m/m. He limped (very pathetic looking), and we walked, through the 1.5 miles left and we finished at 55:25. Just a shade under 15. My suspicion is that the sting couldn't have hurt all that much and he was playing it up, not wanting to run. Dog should have been a soccer player. Oh yeah! And I should have been a comedian. LOL

The Willow Bay 5 k is tomorrow. Previous times:
2005 - 34:05 (11:00)
2004 - 33:18 (10:45)

As always, I have my A, B and C goals.
C Goal - finish. Always want to avoid that DNF
B Goal - sub 11 minute mile pace. Even by a second. Any day under 11 is a good day for me.
A Goal - never sees the light of day unless I make it. Then I will write about it :-)

2 comments:

IHateToast said...

i've been stung by a yellow jacket. the pain was horrible.

and did i read this right? you thought your son had taken his mom's shorts? he didn't look at you "like" you were nuts. he was looking at you, BECAUSE you were nuts.

he's probably in therapy. 'my mom accused me of wearing her running shorts.' i hope he writes a memoir. it'll be fun to read.

you are a crack up!

runswithdog said...

In my defense, the shorts are black and they are really cool. He could have taken them.....Trust me, my kids have plenty ammo for therapy, stolen running shorts is nothing. I tell them that my job is make sure they are f'ed up enough to provide job security for future shrinks.