Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Sunday, February 11, 2007

What a difference a run makes

Cosmo and I ran most of the Tipp Hill race course this morning. He was so happy to be out. He hasn't run lately but it didn't seem to bother him. This is a very hilly course. We were able to run all the hills with one exception. They weren't easy and we (really *I*) had to stop at the top of most of them but we did make it up them. The last hill was the killer - it comes after a long gradual incline. I could see the stop sign where we were to stop but I just couldn't make it.

So, long story short, I do feel positive about this race. It won't be easy and I will probably be very slow but I do think it is do-able. We have 4 weeks to the race. My plan is to run the course the next three weeks.

Oh, in reference to the title - I have been pretty miserable lately for lots of reasons - weather, lousy job interview, etc. Well, after my run, my mood has done a real 180. Guess exercise does work.

4 comments:

Ruthie said...

Thank you so much for the post!! I have also been in a bit of a funk since last Monday, and am hoping that some serious calorie burning, endorphine pumping exercise will pull me out of the abyss. :)

meesh said...

Sounds like you had a good run! I am in awe of your determination whenever I read your posts about the races you are training for. I have started running a little (jogging really) a few times a week along a totally flat trail and it's tough. You do a great job with this!

KleoPatra said...

Thank you for an inspirational post. Sometimes a little jaunt somewhere for a little makes a BIG difference. (And you already know that, but i thought i'd just reiterate that and validate...)

Sending you love and light and more good energy!!

runswithdog said...

Thank all of you for the positive comments :-) I think one of the reasons running does improve my mood is the quote I have at the top of my blog :
Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

When I run, I feel strong :-)