Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Friday, February 09, 2007

Lunch time

I didn't realize until now that I used only the Mr. Bento this week. Poor Femmio Valentino and Goldfishes!



Above is homemade vegan cream of tomato soup from epicurious.com. I also took some naan (I bought a big package this week and had to work hard to eat it all - it will show up numerous times in my lunches - good thing I like it!). Lunch is rounded out with triscuits, peanut butter and an unremarkable salad save for the avocado.


Samosas, triscuits, applesauce and some potato, yellow pea and cauliflower curry. This recipe is from 125 best vegetarian slow cooker recipes. It was really good the night before but after a few hours in Mr. Bento, it morphed into something grayish brown and inedible. Nasty, nasty! Good thing I packed numerous samosas!


More vegan cream of tomato soup, some leftover babaganouch, pita, and applesauce.

My vote for best lunch of the week! Top right is some vegan corn chowder from Bridget. Absolutely fab! Naan (again!), applesauce and chocolate teddy grahams with nuts and craisins.

Sauteed tofu, naan (again! but it is finally all gone), salad with redeeming avocado, and teddy grahams with craisins and nuts.

I think I will have to make a concerted effort to get Femmio Valentino and the fishies out next week.

3 comments:

bazu said...

Yes, bring back the fishies! You know, I wouldn't get tired of Naan- it's so fluffy and bready...

I was thinking of going to the SARO potluck -it's walking distance from me. Are you going to go?

vko said...

Just found your blog and I love the picture of your dog and also of the greyhounds!

I also see that you are reading Collapse. Don't you just want to tell everyone you know to read it and then not only read it, but react to it. Great book and so impactful.

Nice to meet another vegan in the city!

bazu said...

Ok, I was going to make cupcakes, but didn't want to copycat you, so I ended up making pumpkin cookies from VwaV instead. Hope to see you tomorrow night!