Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Weekly recap

Monday - 30 minute run (with Cosmo), approx. 2.3 miles
Tuesday - two back-to-back cycle classes, 45 minutes each, total 1.5 hours
Wednesday - 2.4 miles, 28 minutes (with Cosmo)
Thursday - 2 back-to-back cycle classes, total 1.5 hours
Saturday - 3.1 miles, 36 minutes (with Cosmo)

Do ya think I need speedwork? :-) I do think I can go faster and that Cos slows me down. Not that he is slow (haha) but that I think that keeping him situated does slow me down slightly. I can never just lose myself in my run when I have him because I always have to be aware him. The trade off is I wouldn't be running without him. I would like to try to come up with some hand free apparatus to attach him to me. There is are a couple of commercial ones. Most seem to have a male/female plastic type of fastener like this:
http://www.buddysys.com/How_to_Use/How_to_use.htm

Hmmmm.......yeah, I don't think I am going to use that with my guy. Some of these companies use the selling point of an emergency quick release for these types of fasteners. The thing is, I don't want any quick release with my boy. I want him attached to me to the bitter end and I don't want anything that has the slightest chance of pulling apart. If I drop dead on a run, I want them to find my body with him attached. I have been at one end of a leash with a greyhound trying to take off after something. I do not trust the plastic attachments.

I am leaning towards this:
http://www.cardiocanine.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2&HS=1

But I am a little leary of the webbing material and the little oval thingy that attaches the leash to the belt. I suppose if I order it, I can always send it back.
I have also thought about heading out to EMS and asking them to rig me something up with climbing rope and carabiners that goes around my waist.

No comments: