Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Pointed the way by fellow blogger AMT, I have signed up to last.fm. It is a pretty neat site. It tracks what music you listen to on your players and then recommends other music. It also allows you to interact with other listeners and listen to their music. That is my favorite part right now. Man, people are listening to some strange stuff - but I digress... For some reason, I haven't been able to figure it out yet as it is a genre I don't listen to, but I keep getting directed to a lot of german techno/electronica/club music. Who knows why? I have now listened to more Kraftwerk in two days than I have heard previously in my whole life.

Anyways, I have now discovered Nina Simone. Thank you lastfm. You can also 'love' or 'ban' music which is pretty neat. Prince? Oh, hit that little heart love button. Led Zeppelin? Sorry, you have been banned. Eagles, Nirvana, Ciara? Banned, banned, banned. It is very carthatic :-)For a laugh out loud, surreal moment, I did get to listen to The Sugar Hill Gang's 'Rapper's Delight'. You know that I hit the heart/love button for that. I just had to out of respect for the musical gods.

No comments: