Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

This morning's run

Saturday's run with the group was great. It was 9 minutes run, 3 minutes walk. It felt good and easy (yeah, I know, it should be for me after 3 years of running but I never take a good feeling run for granted.......). I ran the same Monday evening with Sue and Melissa. Thank goodness they were with me because my feet felt like they were encased in cement!

This morning, Cos and I went out. I was able to get him to poop first! Always a decent run when I don't have to carry a poop bag :-) As soon as we started out, the ipod wouldn't turn on. It was completely out of power. My mind is *not* my greatest ally in running. I like to run to podcasts or music to keep me from having to listen to the little voice in my head (some of you runners will know what I mean!) Well, I had no choice and we continued on. I had a little rough spot when I spent about 5 minutes obsessing about my weight and how if I could just drop a few I wouldn't be such a larda$$ plodding around and I could spare the pounding on my feet. But I perserved through that little minefield and my next thoughts were pondering if there was any way to take a full minute off my mile pace without really training all that hard and not feeling like vomiting when I do it. No? Yeah, I didn't think so :-/

At any rate (honestly, at a very slow pace...) Cos and I finished what I set out to. I was breathing pretty heavily at the end, he wasn't even panting.

No comments: