Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Money well spent

We had some lousy, lousy weather over last week and weekend. The view from the back of my house:


Gray, no sunshine, just blah for hours on end. The rain did take a break at one point so I wrapped up Mally's feet, put his boots on and the four of us headed out for a walk and some fresh air. Of course, half way through the walk, the wind and rain started again. It wasn't freezing cold but we did get that damp, chilly to the bones feeling.

Now, I am not happy at what we had to pay for our house - even given that our area housing market is considered to be very reasonable compared to the national market. I think we paid way too much for just about everything - of course, I am a cheap f*ck, so take that into account. One thing I do not regret - even though we did waaaaaaaaaay overpay for it - is the gas fireplace. Why? One picture says it all:
We got home, I towel dried them, fired up the fire place (actually just flipped a switch), dragged the beds over and the dogs spent the afternoon roasting in front of it. When we ordered the fireplace this was the exact image I felt I was paying for - my dogs hanging out in front of it. Oh, where is Angus? Certainly not hanging in front of a fireplace like a wimp because the weather was a little wet and chilly.......LOL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey... I recognize that nasty weather! Coincidentally, I had that myself this weekend. =) I've never had a fireplace before moving to Syracuse, and I love it. Now all I need is a couple of doggies to go in front of it. Cute!

All my tomorrows said...

Soooooo cozy! That Angus is cuter than the law should allow.

Iowa Greyhound said...

I commented in today's cold, windy weather how I want a fireplace in my house!

I love greyhound walking in the rain, so relaxing.

Anonymous said...

OMG, that last photo! SO CUTE!!! The weather was not kind to my family in Toronto when we were there a couple of weeks ago, and it made me grateful (more than usual) to live in SoCal but i gotta tell ya... if i had a fireplace like yours, i could deal!!