Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Monday, August 07, 2006

A correction

When writing about An Inconvenient Truth (go see it people!) the other day, I said I voted for Gore in 2000. Sunday, while A and I were headed to the co-op, we were discussing honesty and politics (how's that for an oxymoron?) and he mentioned Ralph Nader. His point was that no matter how you might feel about any of his stances on the issues, you have to be fairly comfortable that Ralph Nader isn't out to fleece you for his benefit or his cronies. There would be no war for oil with that guy. No tax cut for the top 1%. No corporate welfare. The man is virtually incorruptible in the traditional political sense. And that got me thinking. I didn't vote for Gore in 2000. I voted for Nader. I don't know what I was thinking *smacks head hard*. I live in NY so I felt comfortable voting for the Green candidates in the last two presidential elections. *Duh, smacks head again* :-) Go Green!!!

1 comment:

Candi said...

Hello!!
I wanted to thank you So much for your comments on my blog. :) :) I know how you feel about Ruby, and I have finally realized that we will never "get over" Minnie. I thought, at first, that we had to get over her. Well, that's not going to happen! I'm glad to hear that you feel so strongly about Ruby and we're not just going crazy here. :) I hope you still feel Ruby is close by.

Nice robot dance! LOL! I can only do that accidentally when I see a huge spider. :P