Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

And down it came.....

I am really loving this unemployment of Wen's. I mean, I know she needs a job, and I hope she gets one soon, but the past few weeks have been pretty sweet. This morning, after a pit stop for her to take a pre-employment drug test for a potential job, we headed out to Clark's Reservation to snag some letterboxes. We took the four boys. Neither of us checked the weather forecast. After two boxes, the skies opened up on us - torrential downpour! I mean, drenching! We were soaked. So that put an end to that plan.

Back at home here, just drying out and chilling, we made reservations for a campsite up at Lake Placid. We are going to be spectators for the Lake Placid Ironman Race!!!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!! Budge and Spark agreed to come - they better not back out.

While we were hanging and chatting - who walks in? Kate! I called her last night to ask when she was coming home and she said later in the week. She wanted to surprise me so she had Erin's mom pick her up. She then regaled us with tales of how the 'other half' lives. She works as a weekend nanny for a Manhattan family with a house in the Hamptons. She was cracking us up with the stories. Way too funny!

1 comment:

runswithdog said...

No!!!!!!!! No THINKING!!!!! No ifs, ands, or buts. We are going to have an absolutely awesome time!