Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Training Woes

Things are going pretty slow. I haven't looked at my training log all week. :-( I have been running and biking but probably not near the distance I should be. This morning, Mo and I went out and did two big loops. Usually takes us 28 minutes and took us over 30 today. It was much warmer than I thought once we got out in the sun and on the pavement. He slowed down a lot on the 2nd loop.

We are going to get a long run and bike in though this weekend. A 60 minute run and a 19 mile ride. I am also going to see if I can convince B to head out Friday evening for a swim :-)

The other day I was wearing shorts and A made some remark about my legs. I don't even remember what - it was something about the definition or size of my quads. It just wasn't a 'Oooooo, look at those great quads!' but more of a 'Hmmmmmm, those are some quads you got there' Didn't make me feel good :-( In the whole scheme of things, I would rather have ripped quads than blubbery thighs but I would like my husband to like my legs!

No comments: