Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Busy weekend

Yesterday I rode my bike to the Y and supervised the 5k running group. 11 runners showed up - I was very impressed! They are hardcore! I thought with the holiday weekend, attendance would be down. After riding home, I then met Budge at her house and we did a little 2.5 mile run in 25:51 - a 10:20 m/m pace! Woohoo! Don't know if I could have kept it up for longer though. We took off and did an easy 1000 yd swim at the Y pool and then I could say I was finally finished working out for the day. A and I hit a party for one of his coworkers that evening. As usual, I didn't really want to go but had a good time once I was there.

I spent most of today getting ready for tomorrow! Wen, Budge and I are heading up to Amboy, to Happy Valley to plant our series of 8 letterboxes based on the 7 Ancient Wonders of the World. It is an easy, flat 7.5 mile hike and we are taking Mo and Ang. Wen might bring Wil and Earl but was undecided when I last spoke to her. These stamps are all done by Spudhund, Trailhoundz, Budge, Wen and myself. Mine are the least impressive but everyone else's are absolutely gorgeous! I don't think these boxes will get much traffic due to the location - way up in God's country - and the fact that the hike is 7.5 miles. But the people who do venture up there I think will be very satisfied with their stamps. I printed off a few Mexico box clues just in case we feel like searching for some - I think that will be a longshoot though.

Oh! We went by the house site last night - roof trusses have been delivered. Hopefully those will go on this week.

No comments: