Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Thursday, April 27, 2006

More choices

Wednesday we had yet another selection meeting with the new house people. I know some people like doing this kind of stuff but honestly, how the heck do I know where I want phone jacks? I knew we were way out of our league when the decorator started to tell us about warm and cool tones. I mean, c'mon. We had to choose grout. Grout! I didn't know grout came in different colors. And not only different colors but about 30 different colors. Oy vey.

We chose appliances, counters, cupboards, tile and some floors. Of course, we had to upgrade almost absolutely everything. We aren't fancy people, but jeeze.....the standard stuff is just so......standard :-/

Our counters: Cambria, natural quartz in Bristol Blue


Our stove (gas! woohoo! I am soooo happy about that):


Our dishwasher

Our microwave:


We also choose some lights and cupboards but I can't remember them. We have another appointment on Monday and I will try to get the actual names at that time.

Another choice we made was the tile backsplash in the kitchen which I am pretty excited about. I have always wanted tile in every kitchen I have had and never got it. Now I am going to get it :-) We choose 6 inch square tiles, kind of white with grey tones, very rustic looking. We also chose tiles with a kind of medallion design, very rustic. It reminded us of the tile work in Rome. We are going to do a design like so:

X X X X X X X X X

X O X X O X X O X

X X X X X X X X X

X being regular tile

O being the medallion tile

Between each group of 9 there will be an extra column of regular tiles. This was the decorator and A's idea, because, yes, I am clueless. I will try to get the name next time and see if I can find pictures

trac

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

are these the house off morgan road north you can see from the road?

runswithdog said...

Yep. They are building a series of houses in that area right between Fairway East and Morgan road. It is a 'planned' community with a homeowners association that will provide most of the outside maintenance - lawncare, snow removal, landscaping, etc.

Anonymous said...

Trac,

This is Linda with Esther Jane, I got the blog from Jen's blog. :o)

I've see those houses all the time as you can guess. I was surprised with the smaller ones as everything is so big now. When I seen the picture of the house I thought it was the area as coming from the north I could see a house like it.